General Privacy Statement
At House Rx, Inc. (“House Rx”, “we” or “us”), we are committed to protecting your Personal Information (as defined below), including when you interact with the House Rx websites (“Sites”). This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) outlines the type of Personal Information House Rx may collect; the means by which House Rx may collect, use, or share your Personal Information; steps House Rx takes to protect your Personal Information; and choices you are provided with respect to the use of your Personal Information. Please read this Notice carefully.
Unless we make available a different privacy notice this Privacy Notice applies to your interactions with House Rx.
For the purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” (also known as “personally identifiable information” (PII) or “personal data” in some jurisdiction) is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
What Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with us, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, or an IP address or other online identifier. We typically collect this information directly from you in order to communicate with you, and provide you with access to certain information on our Sites or about our services.
The provision of certain types of Personal Information may be necessary or optional, depending on the circumstances. Mandatory Personal Information will be marked as such at the moment of collection of your information. If you refuse to provide mandatory Personal Information, House Rx may not be able to process your request (such as your contact request).
We may also collect non-identifiable information, such as the type of browser or operating system you are using. We may also de-identify or anonymize your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law or create aggregate, anonymized information that relates to a group of individuals, which we may use for any lawful purpose in accordance with applicable law.
Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
In addition to the purposes for collection listed above, we may also collect each of the above categories of Personal Information in order to provide you services and for our own internal business purposes, which include:
- Fulfilling your requests, including to register and administer your account and provide you the information, products and services that you request
- Enhancing your experience, such as by tailoring content and advertising and remembering your preferences
- Improving our Site and services, such as by improving the content, features and functionality of our Site and services, identifying popular features, enabling more accurate reporting, and improving the effectiveness of our marketing.
- As otherwise may be disclosed to you at the time of collection.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, at your direction, or in the following ways:
- Within House Rx: We may share your Personal Information internally among our business units, brands, and our affiliates in order to provide you our services and generally improve our product and service offerings.
- With vendors and other service providers: We may share your Personal Information with service providers who perform services for us and act on our direction. These services may include activities such as direct mailing, fulfillment services, email-campaigns, digital advertising, hosting, and other IT services. Our policy is to prohibit these service providers from using your Personal Information for purposes other than providing services directly to us.
- With business partners: We may share your Personal Information with our business partners in order to provide you our services and generally to improve our product and service offerings.
- In the event of a corporate transaction: In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the party or parties of such transaction.
- To comply with our legal obligations and to protect our rights: We will disclose your Personal Information when we think it is necessary to investigate or prevent actual or expected fraud, criminal activity, injury or damage to us or others or when otherwise required by statute, regulation, subpoena, court order, or other law, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, or others.
Your Choices; Interest-Based Ads
We encourage you to communicate your preferences to us about how we use your Personal Information.
- Unsubscribe from marketing: You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at privacy@HouseRx.com. If you receive marketing communications from any of our business partners or other parties, you must opt-out with each of those parties. Note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you still may receive transaction and other administrative communications from us based on the nature of your relationship with us.
- Modify your Personal Information: You may request changes to any incorrect Personal Information that we maintain about you. Contact us at the email, address, or phone number included in the Contacting Us section, below, to make a request. We will endeavor to comply with your request, but please understand that we may not be able to modify information about you that we have relied upon to provide services to you or that we are legally required to maintain.
- Turn off location services: If you do not want us to collect information from your device, please disable the location setting(s) on your device or, when applicable, delete any House Rx applications. Please note that disabling the location setting may affect certain features of our Sites and any House Rx applications.
Our Sites are not intended for use by or directed to children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years old or otherwise have not attained the age of majority in your state of residence, you must have your parent or other legal representative’s permission to use the Sites. If we learn that we have received any Personal Information directly from a child under age 18 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that Personal Information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Sites. We will then subsequently delete that child’s Personal Information.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Sites, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Links to Other Sites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Sites and review the privacy policies of such sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
Note to International Visitors Outside the US
The Sites are intended for use in the United States only. If you visit our Sites or contact us from outside of the United States, please be advised that (i) any information (including Personal Information) you provide to us or that we automatically collect will be transferred to the United States; and (ii) that by using our Sites or submitting information through the Sites (including Personal Information), you explicitly authorize its transfer to and subsequent processing in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States and this Notice.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change or replace this Notice at any time. Please check back from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes or updates to the Privacy notice. We will indicate the date that the Notice was last updated at the top of this page. If we make material changes that would impact your use of the Sites or your privacy rights, we will endeavor to notify you of the changes, such as by posting a notice directly on the Sites or by sending an email notification if you have provided your email address to us.
Securing Your Information
We use reasonable safeguards aimed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the Personal Information we collect and maintain. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Sites.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Privacy at House Rx, Inc.
530 Divisadero St #831
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone: (415) 707-0117
Your California Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may be entitled to the privacy rights described below under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that certain categories of Personal Information, such as Protected Health Information, are not covered by these CCPA privacy rights, but may be protected by HIPAA and other laws that provide similar protections.
- The right to know. You have the right to request: (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you; (ii) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling Personal Information. Generally:
- Within the preceding 12 months, House Rx has collected the categories of personal information detailed in the section above titled What Personal Information We Collect
- House Rx has not sold Personal Information about any adults or minors in the preceding 12 months.
- House Rx may disclose the categories of Personal Information that we collect to third parties as described above under How We Share Your Personal Information.
- In the preceding 12 months, House Rx may have shared the following information any of the Personal Information described in the What Personal Information We Collect section above with third parties identified in the How We Share Your Personal Information section above.
- The right to deletion. Except under certain limited circumstances, You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. While you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, House Rx does not currently sell your Personal Information.
- The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, House Rx will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of the Sites or Services.
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, contact us at 415-707-0117 or email us at email@example.com.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an account with us, we will use our existing account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we may request additional information about you to verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
Please note that House Rx may sell or license de-identified datasets derived from patient information for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to, supporting cancer researchers in generating insights or to address hypotheses across a range of scientific, medical, clinical, or pharmaceutically-relevant questions. These de-identified data sets may include Protected Health Information that has been de-identified under the HIPAA expert determination method, which means that a statistical expert has determined that there is a very small risk that the information could be used, alone or in combination with other reasonably available information, to identify you. Data de-identified in this way does not constitute Protected Health Information.
Shine the Light – Third Party Marketing:
California law also gives California residents the rights to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us to the address in the contact us section. Please indicate “California Rights” in the subject or attention line of your communication.
Your Nevada Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. As of the date of this Notice, House Rx does not sell any Personal Information to any third party. If that were to change in the future, we will update this Notice.